Elevator Project Scope and Division of Responsibility
Included in the Humphrey Manlift Precision Landing® Elevator Package:
- The elevator car and counter weight assemblies.
- The overhead traction machine frame with drive motor / gearbox, governor, and brake components.
- The control system consisting of the main, in car, top of car, and hall call assemblies.
- Hoist way door assemblies with interlocks.
- All associated rails, generic rail mounts, limit switches, interlocks, emergency stop switches, and traveling cable.
- Optional components as requested.
- Telephone and web based support for installation and start up as needed.
To Be Provided by Others:
- Installation, set up, testing, and maintenance to be performed by an authorized elevator contactor in accordance with the installation and operating instructions provided by Humphrey Manlift, the ASME A17.1-2016 National Safety Code, National Electrical Code, and state and local building codes.
- Construction of the following in a manner consistent with national, state, and local codes:
- A clear, square, and plumb hoist way with mounting points to interface with the Humphrey Manlift supplied provisions to attach the elevator rail, system, and hoist way door components.
- A machine room with provisions to properly install and maintain the elevator system, traction machine, and related components. If a tower is not provided, support for the traction machine and entire elevator system weight is required.
- A pit area or raised bottom landing with proper drainage, support, and mounting accommodations for the elevator rails and buffer systems. If a tower is provided, proper support for the entire elevator system weight is required.
- All other building work to meet national, state, and local codes and facility requirements.
- Provisions to maintain the machine room space between 40 °F and 105 °F. and less than 95% relative humidity.
- A 230 or 460 VAC, 30 AMP supply circuit breaker and a 120 VAC 20 AMP supply circuit breaker in the main control room.
- Any work or efforts to comply to state and local codes including construction drawings and permits.
- Proper weather protection, ventilation, drainage, and illumination of the main control room, machine room, hoist way, and pit areas.
- Supply and installation of electrical conduit and wiring within the hoist way as well as between the elevator system junction box(s) and the main control panel(s).
- Pit and hoist way ladders as required by national, state, and local codes.
- Provisions for earthquake protection as required by the national, state, and local codes.